How can we help?
Digital Media Center
The Digital Media Center (DMC) supports the creation and use of digital media in education, scholarship, and creative expression. We provide a learning space for in-person consultation and online resources for digital media, including audio, video, images and interactive media.
|Location||Second Floor of Munday Library, Room 246|
|Hours of Operation||Monday through Friday 8 a.m. — 5 p.m.|
|Production Rooms||Learn about the production rooms
Use the online reservation system to reserve a production room
What We Do
The DMC provides a central location on campus, through in-person consultation and online resources, that empowers faculty, staff and students to create digital media, including: audio and video production, audio and video editing, digital imaging, graphic design, and web design and development. Our staff is available to provide in-person consultations on audio and video production and editing.
What We Offer
- Computer lab equipped with software needed to create professional, high-quality multimedia projects
- Staff available by request or walk-in support during hours of operation
- Production spaces such as the whisper room for audio production and the video production room for Chroma key (Green Screen) video compositions
- Digital equipment training and assistance for faculty and students
- Assistance with visual presentation development and curriculum-based media projects for student
- Guest-lecturing services are available to assist in setting up technology needed to capture the lecture either in a classroom at St. Edward's or through a video-conference connection
- Support for video capture and communication tools like Panopto and WebEx
Audio/Video Production Room Reservations: The Audio Production Room is open to all students, faculty and staff for voice-over, musical recording, screencasting, sound design and podcasting projects. The Video Production Room is available for recording green-screen footage for video projects. Staff assistance is available during hours of operation. Reservations are required for use of the audio recording booth and video production room. Visit the online reservation system to reserve a production room.
Consultations and Trainings
Audio/Video Production Consultations: You can make an appointment for an audio/visual support session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired time slots and an overview of the project you're working on. Consultation reservations are recommended, but walk-in support is also available during hours of operation.
Requests for Class Training: Staff is available to assist your class with developing video and audio project assignments for all majors. Our staff offers project consultation, instructional materials and tutorials for digital projects. To schedule a class visit from one of our staff, please email email@example.com.
Topics for these trainings include:
- Successful usage of digital camcorders
- Demonstrations of operational techniques, camera movements
- Best practices and other user support information
- Video editing training (i.e., Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Understanding storage requirements and saving files
- Post-production effects and file export
- Equipment checkout and availability
- Policies and procedures
Digital production equipment is available for checkout through the Munday Library front desk. Please review the list of available equipment to see what best fits your needs.