Student EssentialsIf you remember nothing else about campus technology, keep in mind the answers to these three questions:
- Where do I find things?
- Where do I print?
- Where’s the Wi-Fi?
myHilltopEverything you need — in one place. myHilltop is the place you go to do things, whether that’s registering for classes or paying your bill.
Use the search bar to find what you need and favorite your most-used tasks for quick access.
For convenience when you’re on the go, download the myHilltop mobile app for iOS or Android.
Labs and PrintingOn campus, we have three 24-hour computer labs:
- Ragsdale 212
- Trustee 109
- Johnson Hall (first floor)
You can find open labs with real-time computer availability here in the OIT Support Center or in myHilltop.
Wi-FiThere are three wireless networks on campus. Each has a slightly different purpose.
- SEU (secured): Students should use the SEU network as their default. To access it, log in with your St. Edward’s username and password.
- SEU-Guest (unsecured): We recommend this network for your parents or other campus visitors.
- Eduroam (secured): International students can use the Eduroam network to log in with their home university credentials.
Our Top Tech Tips
- Take your classes with you. Most of your classes will use Canvas, our learning management system, for assignments and grades. For quick access, you can download the Canvas Student app for iOS and Android.
- Keep it a secret. St. Edward’s will never ask you for your password. If someone does ask for it in a message, it’s a phishing attack.
- Keep it updated, too. You’re required to update your password once a year, but that’s the minimum. You can update your password any time at identity.stedwards.edu.
- Save money on software. As a St. Edward’s student, you’re eligible for discounts on software like Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as free Microsoft Office 365.
- Take your projects up a notch. Need special design programs for a project? Stop by the Digital Media Center on the second floor of Munday Library, where you can also reserve our green screen, audio booth or podcast studio.
- Use the Cloud. Lab computers wipe all saved data when they restart, so don’t store your assignments there. Instead store them in Google Drive or Box, both of which you have access to with your St. Edward’s account.
- Learn what you need, when you need it. All St. Edward’s students have access to LinkedIn Learning and its thousands of training videos on software like Adobe Creative Cloud and skills like project management. Find the link in myHilltop.
- Be the first to know. Follow OIT on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Youtube to stay up-to-date on campus technology.