Faculty may need to save recordings of class sessions hosted in Zoom. To do this, you'll need to download your recordings and save those using Panopto. This process can only be done using a Zoom Pro account.
Downloading Recordings from Zoom
- Log in to Zoom with your St. Edward's University username and password.
- In the left-hand column of the menu, click My Recordings.
- Select the recording you'd like to download within Cloud Recordings.
- To the right of the recording, there will be a More option. Click the More dropdown menu, and then click Download.
- The video files will download to your browser's default download location.
- After the video files have been uploaded and saved to Panopto (see instructions below), they can be deleted from Zoom.
- To delete the recordings, select them with the checkbox next to the recording.
- After you have selected all the recordings, click Delete Selected.
Uploading Video Recordings to Panopto
- Log in to Panopto through Canvas or by clicking on the Panopto icon on the instructor computer station in your classroom.
- In the lefthand column, select the appropriate course folder.
- After selecting the course, click the Create dropdown at the top, and then click Upload media.
- Click Choose video or audio files, and then navigate to the Zoom recording you downloaded on your computer.
- Select the video(s) to upload, and then click Choose to start the upload.
- The video(s) will begin uploading to the selected folder as shown by a status bar.
How long should faculty retain academic recordings?Faculty should consider retaining their class session recordings for up to a year and a half. More information is available in the Graduate Bulletin (under both the Schedule Adjustments and Appeal of Final Course Grade sections). The same policies and deadlines are also in the Undergraduate Bulletin.
Note: Students have until the following semester to appeal a grade (March 1 for fall courses, July 1 for spring courses and October 1 for summer courses) and one year to petition for a late withdrawal. Grades cannot be changed after a year.