The Captiva Cloud Toolkit is required to enable scanning and imaging functionality for Banner Document Folder.
Before you install the app, make sure you know which operating system version you're using and that your scanner has been installed with compatible drivers.
Installing the Captiva Cloud Toolkit on Microsoft Windows
Head to myHilltop and search for BDM\AppXtender Web Scanning Toolkit task.
Clicking the task will take you to a shared Box folder. Double-click on the Windows folder and download the setup.exe file.
Double-click on the setup.exe. The Captiva Cloud Toolkit 3.0 — InstallShield Wizard window will appear. Note: The Captiva Cloud Toolkit setup program installs the following prerequisite software if the software is not already installed: Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86).
The Introduction page will appear. Click Next.
On the License Agreement page, read and accept the terms. Click Next.
On the Configure Remote Access page, select Disable remote access. Click Next.
On the Choose Install Folder screen, click Next to install the toolkit in the default location. Otherwise, click Change to specify a different location.
Click Install on the Ready to Install the Program page.
Click Finish to complete the installation and exit the Wizard.
Installing the Captiva Cloud Toolkit on Mac OS X
- Head to myHilltop and search for BDM\AppXtender Web Scanning Toolkit task.
- Clicking the task will take you to a shared Box folder. Double-click on the Mac folder.
Double-click the cct.dmg file to mount it. The Finder window will open.
- Drag the Captiva Cloud Toolkit icon to the Applications shortcut. You may need to enter an administrator password.
Once the installation is complete, run the toolkit manually.
Configuring Your Web Browser for Web Scanning
Browser ConfigurationWhile AppXtender is browser agnostic, the following browsers are recommended:
Open the browser and go to chrome://settings/content/popups.
Next, you will enable allow the localhost certificate by going to chrome://flags/#allow-insecure-localhost, searching allow invalid certificate and clicking Enable. You may be asked to restart your browser.
Open the browser. In the address bar, enter the following: https://127.0.0.1:49735/.
You will get a screen informing your connection is not secure. Click Advanced at the bottom of the page.
Click Add Exception.
- Click Confirm Security Exception.
Accessing AppXtender with the Captiva Cloud Scanning Tool
Upon completion of configuring your browser, go to myHilltop and search for the Access Banner Document Folder task.
Configuring Scanner for an Initial Run
You need to configure your browser to scan at the beginning of the session.
- Once you have selected the option to Add a new document, click the Select Scanner Icon.
- The web application/browser will open a message window asking permission to use the scanner connected to your computer.
- Click Allow to continue the setup of your scanner. Then select your scanner from the installed scanners. We recommend you select the Image and Scanner Interface Specification (ISIS) driver for your desktop connected scanner. Once selected, click OK to continue.
- There has been an identified glitch in the current version of BDM. Once you select the scanner, the scanner icon remains gray. This does not mean that your scanner is not ready.
- Click elsewhere within the screen to "light up" or activate the scanner icon. Note: This glitch is consistent throughout the session, so make sure you click on the screen or on the scanner icon before trying to reconfigure the scanner.