Workplace by Facebook is the central hub for employee communication at St. Edward's. All faculty and staff can access the tool through myHilltop by logging in with their St. Edward's credentials. (Note: Students — including student workers — do not have access to Workplace.)
Not Just 'Work Facebook'
Workplace is a Facebook product, and anyone who has used Facebook certainly will be familiar with the interface. But Workplace itself is an entirely separate tool from Facebook. No accounts, passwords or data are shared between the two, and you don't need to have a personal Facebook account to use Workplace.
Communication in WorkplaceWorkplace facilitates a number of types of communication, primarily through groups. As of now, the following groups will appear automatically for you upon logging in to Workplace:
- Campus News: Campus News is intended to communicate general information about what's happening at the university, including events, activities and projects.
- From President Martin: For major university announcements and initiatives, President George E. Martin will deliver special messages to employees.
- On-the-Job Updates: This feed provides timely tools, resources and guidance to support the employee experience.
- Training & Development: Human Resources, as well as other departments, offers a number of training and learning opportunities to employees throughout the year, and you can find listings in this group.
- In the News: Routinely, St. Edward's faculty and staff are highlighted in local and national news coverage for their expertise. This group collects and shares those stories.
- Kudos: This feed is intended to capture the wonderful work St. Edward's employees do — and the work they do for each other.
Interacting with WorkplaceAll employees are encouraged not only to activate their Workplace accounts but to engage with the content in it. You can post content to groups or to your personal page, comment on or ask questions about posts you see and send messages to colleagues within your department or outside of it.
Need help? You can search topics in the Workplace Help Center, accessible via the question mark (?) in the upper right-hand corner of your feed.
Questions about what kind of content you should post? Have an idea for a new group? Submit a request to Marketing.
Trouble activating your account or logging in? Check out our troubleshooting tips.
Helpful Workplace ResourcesThe Workplace Help Center is full of support pages to help you navigate the system. We've curated a few of those resources to get you started.
- How Do I Adjust What I Get Notifications About?
- How Can I Adjust What I See in My Workplace News Feed?
- How Do I Edit a Post I've Shared?