All St. Edward's students, faculty and staff have access to the thousands of online training resources Lynda.com has to offer, including videos on Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SPSS, NVivo and more.
Accessing Lynda.comYou can sign in with your university username and password at lynda.stedwards.edu and immediately start learning from experts in every field, free of charge and without ever leaving your couch.
You can also download the mobile app for iOS and Android. To log in, you'll need to do the following:
- Click Already a member?
- Click the Organization tab
- Click Web Portal and enter www.stedwards.edu and click Log In
- Enter your St. Edward's username and password
Sharing Lynda.com Videos, Courses and PlaylistsLynda.com videos and playlists can be shared via a link. Videos also can be embedded in a webpage or a Canvas page.
Sharing a Video or Course via a Link
- Log in to lynda.stedwards.edu.
- Search for the Video or Course you want to share.
- In the upper right corner, click Share.
- Copy the link for either the entire Course or the selected Video.
Embedding a Video in CanvasYou can also enable a thumbnail of the video to appear on a Page in Canvas.
- Follow the instructions above to click Share.
- Copy the Embed code.
- Log in to Canvas and access your course. Edit an existing Page or create a new Page.
- Click HTML Editor in the upper right corner of the Canvas editor.
- Paste the copied Embed code into the HTML window.
- Click Rich Content Editor to return to the normal editor view.
- Click Save and Publish.
Creating and Sharing a PlaylistLynda.com has a short video that covers creating playlists. Once you have created your playlist, you can share the link by going to Playlists in the Lynda.com menu.
- Select the playlist you wish to share.
- Click the Share button and then URL Link.
- Choose Copy this link for someone within St. Edward's University and copy this link using Control or Command V.