CrashPlan is our self-managed, encrypted cloud backup solution for faculty and staff devices, including laptops and desktops. Setting up your automated backup is a breeze.
2. After the download finishes, navigate to the saved file. Double-click on Install Code42 CrashPlan for Windows.msi to start the installer.
6. Install Code42 CrashPlan for Everybody (all users).
7. When prompted for the Installation Folder, leave the default option (C:\Program Files\CrashPlan).
8. Click Next, Click Install and let the installer complete the installation. Click Finish.
9. Once the installer completes, launch CrashPlan from your list of applications.
1. When CrashPlan launches, you will be prompted to log in. In the username field, enter your full St. Edward's email address. For the server address, enter "central.crashplan.com" without quotes.
2. After logging in, your backup will begin. By default, CrashPlan backs up your user profile, which includes your Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Music and Downloads folders. If you save data in other locations on your computer (like on the root of your hard drive), you will need to select those folders.