The Global Digital Classrooms in Munday Library allow you to conduct video conferences for meetings, classes or events. Here's how you can do so.
- From the home screen in GDC room 143, choose the source you will be using. Possible sources include PC (the computer teach station), HDMI input from the cord on the side cabinet, Document Camera input (on the top right of the teaching station) and VGA cable input, from the cord on the side cabinet.
- To begin, tap the display ON button. This will turn on all five displays in the room. It takes about 30 seconds for all to fully turn on.
- The Cisco touch panel at the teacher's station controls all aspects of the video-conferencing mode. Touch the Contacts button at the bottom of the main screen, which will take you to a Contacts screen.
- Blue Jeans Network is the only contact under Favorites. Blue Jeans is our video bridge of choice. It allows us to connect with other universities and individuals alike from the room.
- If you touch the Blue Jeans contact button, the call option appears. Tapping the call option will place the unit in call mode, allowing a conference with others.
- Use the Cisco touchpad to enter your nine-digit meeting ID. This will be provided once you schedule a conference with your affiliate. It should arrive via email.
- To stop the conference, simply tap the red End button.