The Global Digital Classrooms in Munday Library allow you to conduct video conferences for meetings, classes or events. Here's how you can do so.
- From the home screen in GDC room 141 choose the source you will be using. Possible sources include PC (the computer teach station), HDMI input from the cord on the side cabinet, Document Camera input (on the top right of the teaching station) and VGA cable input, from the cord on the side cabinet.
- To begin, tap the display ON button. This will turn on all five displays in the room. It takes about 30 seconds for all to fully turn on.
- Use the remote, which should be located on the desk at the teacher's station. This controls all aspects of the video-conferencing mode. Clicking the center check mark will bring up options on the TV.
- Use the directional keys on the remote to navigate between the options. Select the Call option by using the center check mark on the remote.
- Next, select the Phone Book option.
- Then select the My Contacts option.
- Select Blue Jeans and then click Call.
- Use the Cisco touchpad to enter your nine-digit meeting ID. This will be provided once you schedule a conference with your affiliate. It should arrive via email.
- To stop the conference, simply click the red phone button on the Remote to hang up.