VPN software allows faculty and staff to access on-campus resources and sites while you're working off-campus or otherwise outside of the SEU network.
You'll need to request VPN access by submitting a support case online or by calling the Help Desk (512-448-8443). Once you've been granted access, there are a few steps to install and set up the VPN client.
- To install VPN, launch your browser and go to vpn.stedwards.edu.
- Log in with your university username and password, and then select your Operating System. Note: To find your Operating System version (32 vs. 64 bit) in Windows, click the start button and search for System, or go to Control Panel > System and Security > System. Under System , find System type .
- Double-click the GlobalProtect.msi (Windows) or GlobalProtect.pkg (Mac) file at the bottom of your screen once it has downloaded to your computer. Note: Windows users, if you get a warning when you click the GlobalProtect.msi file, hit OK.
The instructions from this point on will depend on your operating system.
- In the window that pops up, click Continue. Then, click Install for all users of this computer and click Continue. Then, helpfully, Continue again.
- Click Install, and then enter your Mac username and password. The installation should begin, and you will see the Summary screen once it's been completed.
- Once GlobalProtect is installed, you'll need to configure it to the SEU network. A window should pop up, and you'll enter vpn.stedwards.edu in the Portal field. In the following fields, enter your St. Edward's username and password.
- To connect or disconnect, click the GlobalProtect icon at the top of your screen and toggle between Connect and Disconnect. You will need to re-enter your university username and password to reconnect.
- When the Setup Wizard pops up, click Next. Click Next again, and then Next once more to start the installation. (You may need to hit OK if the system asks if you want to install the software.)
- Once the installation is finished, an Installation Complete window will appear. Click Close. Note: If you already have a VPN agent installed and you are updating to GlobalProtect, Windows will prompt you to uninstall your old VPN.
- To configure the software for the SEU network, right-click the GlobalProtect icon in the notifications bar in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Portal, enter vpn.stedwards.edu and then enter your St. Edward's username and password.
- To connect or disconnect, right-click the GlobalProtect icon from the notification bar, and toggle from Connect and Disconnect. You will need to re-enter your St. Edward's username and password to reconnect.