To turn the video camera on, press the red HD Cam button on the small A/V control display next to the computer monitor, followed by the Cam On button. To set up your recording:
- Click the Green Panopto Recorder icon in the top left section of the desktop menu.
- To sign in to Panopto, click the blue SEU Canvas box and enter your St. Edward's credentials.
- If prompted, click the green Authorize button.
- Once the Panopto Recorder application is open, make sure you're recording to the desired folder. You can change folders by clicking the blue folder button.
- Make sure you're recording with the HDMI Video camera and the Samson GoMic microphone. This is the default setting and you should see both the video image and the audio meter moving. If the camera is not on, follow the steps at the end of this document to turn it on. Click Record when ready.
- Put the PowerPoint presentation in Slideshow mode. Deliver the presentation as you normally would.
- When recording is complete, exit presentation mode in PowerPoint (ESC key). Next, go to the Panopto recorder, click the stop button and then the blue upload button.
- You will see the upload meter as the recording is uploaded to the server. Once you see the upload is in process, you can log out of the machine. It is not necessary to wait while the upload completes.
For more information about recording with Panopto, please review our curated Panopto guides. The following how-to's may also be helpful: