For your students to have access to the recording, you will need to enable Panopto in your Canvas course first. This is a quick process that takes less than a minute.
To turn on the video camera, press the red HD Cam button on the small A/V control display next to the computer monitor, followed by the Cam On button.
To set up your recording:
- Click the Green Panopto Recorder icon in the top left section of the desktop menu.
- To sign in to Panopto, click the blue SEU Canvas box and enter your St. Edward's credentials. It's important that you enable Panopto in your Canvas course before completing this step (you only have to do it once per semester).
- If prompted, click the green Authorize button.
- Once the Panopto Recorder application is open, make sure you're recording to the desired folder. You can change folders by clicking the blue folder button.
- Make sure you're recording with the HDMI Video camera and the Samson GoMic microphone. This is the default setting and you should see both the video image and the audio meter moving. If the camera is not on, follow the steps at the end of this document to turn it on. Click Record when ready.
- Put the PowerPoint presentation in Slideshow mode. Deliver the presentation as you normally would.
- When recording is complete, exit presentation mode in PowerPoint (ESC key). Next, go to the Panopto recorder, click the stop button and then the blue upload button.
- You will see the upload meter as the recording is uploaded to the server.
1. Go to the Panopto server directly at https://stedwards.hosted.panopto.com and log in using your St Edward’s credentials.
2. Locate the recording you want to move then click on Settings, which is in small print just below the Panopto recording's title.
3. When the dialog box opens, click Edit next to the folder name and a dropdown menu will appear. You’ll be able to select the destination course folder, then click the Save button and the recording will be moved to the destination course folder and visible to the students in the destination course.
For more information about recording with Panopto, please review our curated Panopto guides. The following how-to's may also be helpful: