St. Edward’s University offers several platforms for creating a web presence.Would you like to publish a website or blog for your class? Would you like your students to journal, blog or create online content? We have several options available.
- SEU Sites is a WordPress platform that can be used for websites, blogs or e-portfolios. Sites provides tested themes and plug-ins using WordPress and requires little or no knowledge of HTML and CSS to manage a site. If you're interested, check out our guide to getting started with SEU Sites.
- Google Sites is a website-building platform available through G Suite that you can use to create websites or wikis quickly using G Suite tools.
- Institutional Repository (IR) is a resource provided by Munday Library for faculty projects that require the collection of data or extensive online research.
- Canvas is used primarily for academic courses, but it is possible to use it for committees, groups or other special purposes.
- Faculty profiles on the main St. Edward's website are intended to provide space for faculty members to showcase their professional and academic career, as well as highlight unique achievements.
- Portfolium, a platform for creating learning portfolios, is currently being piloted on campus.
What You'd Like to Do
|Class Blogs||SEU Sites|
|Faculty Websites for Class Resources
(Course Materials, Assignments, etc.)
|Departmental or Committee Websites||SEU Sites|
|Advising or Advisor Websites||Canvas|
|School or Departmental Blog||SEU Sites|
|Faculty Professional Profile or CV||Faculty Profile|
|Durable, Indexed Storage for Research Data||Institutional Repository|
|Data- or Project-Centered Site Design||Institutional Repository|
|Grant That Requires Open Access to Data||Institutional Repository|
|Durable Access to Data That Supports a Published Work||Institutional Repository|
|Basic website for class assignment||Google Sites|