WebEx is a video-conferencing tool (like Skype) we support at St. Edward's. Below, we've compiled some of the most frequently asked questions about using WebEx.
How do I sign up for an account?If you're a current St. Edward's student, staff member or faculty member, your WebEx account is created when you first log in. Faculty and staff can log in at http://stedwards.webex.com. Students can log in at http://seustudent.webex.com. If you can't access your WebEx account, please submit a request to OIT Support.
Can students use WebEx?
Yes, students can log in through the student WebEx domain. Please note: Students are not able to record meetings.
Joining a Meeting
How do I join a WebEx meeting?
When you're invited to participate in a WebEx meeting, you'll receive an email with the subject Join WebEx meeting. The email will tell you the date and time of the meeting. You can join the WebEx meeting with the provided web address and meeting number or join by phone with the provided Toll-Free number and Access Code.
I can't hear anything! How do I connect to the audio?When you enter a meeting, you'll be prompted to select your Audio and Video Connection. Select Call Using Computer and your Video option, and then click Connect Audio. If upon entering the meeting you can't hear the host or presenter, go to Quick Start from the menu at the top of the meeting window (just under the file, edit, share menu) and click the audio icon  to connect to audio.
Test the speaker by clicking the Test button to the right of the audio connection. To test the Microphone, speak and make sure the audio registers on the bar directly below the Microphone.
Scheduling a Meeting
How do I schedule a WebEx meeting?
- Log in to stedwards.webex.com (Faculty/Staff) or seustudent.webex.com (Students).
- Click the Login link in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Meeting Center.
- Under Host a Meeting, click Schedule a Meeting.
- If you see the Advanced Scheduler page, click Quick Scheduler.
- Select a Meeting Type, enter a Meeting Topic, then enter and confirm the meeting password — if you're using a password.
- Specify the Date, Time and Duration. (Setting duration is for planning only — the meeting will continue until you end it.)
- Enter the email addresses of people you want to invite. All invitees will receive an email invitation with a link to the meeting as well as an alternative phone number for joining the meeting via phone. We recommend using the application rather than using the phone-only option.
- Click the green Start Meeting button to begin the meeting now or click Schedule Meeting if you changed the time or date.
- To start a meeting you scheduled, click My Meetings, locate the meeting and click Start.