The MAC address is the ID number for hardware. We'll need that address to help you if you're having issues connecting to the Internet on campus. Here's how to find the MAC address on your Xbox, Xbox 360 or Xbox One.
Please note: You'll need to connect via an ethernet cable to a wired network jack. Your Xbox won't work on our wireless network.
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings. Then choose Edit Settings.
- Under Basic Settings, check to make sure the IP Settings are on Automatic.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen, you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address. That's the information we'll need to assist you.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, select Xbox Live. From the Connect Status screen, select Settings.
- The 12-digit number at the bottom-right corner of the Network Settings screens is the MAC address of your Xbox 360 console.
- Navigate to My Games and Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network, then select Advanced Settings. Make note of your MAC address.