Staff and faculty working in Banner INB or Argos may run into issues because of the system's reliance on Java. Sometimes, it's a quick fix. Here are tips for users of both.
While these instructions work for OSX and Windows computers, OSX folks should sub System Preferences for Control Panel.
- Go to Control Panel > Java > Advanced Tab.
- Scroll to Advance Security Settings.
- Uncheck Use SSL 2.0 compatible ClientHello format.
- Check Use TLS 1.0.
- Uncheck Use TLS 1.1.
- Uncheck Use TLS 1.2.
- Go to the Security Tab
- Click on the Restore Security Prompts button
- Fully exit and relaunch browsers.
Argos users will need to add a security exception to Java in order for it to work. This can be done via the Security tab in the Java Control Panel.
- Once in the Java Control Panel, click Edit Site List.
- Under location, enter https://pmaps01.stedwards.edu and hit Add.
- Click OK to close out the Exception Site List window.
- Click OK to close out the Java Control Panel.
- Relaunch web browser to access Argos.
Uninstall JavaIf you're still unsuccessful, the other option is to uninstall and reinstall Java.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Remove all versions of Java (except UPD and HR users).
- Open Finder and find the following files to delete:
- /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin